The way to modularization
Ahmed Abdel-Sabour & Kingsley Adio
Senior Software Engineer
Our codebase is fairly large with support for over 5 brands in the same codebase, with lots of engineers working on many different types of features at the same time. We decided that we needed to put more of a focus on how we architect and connect these different features/libraries together, as well as keeping the build speed in check.
Here are the things we will cover:
• Intro to modularization
• How we made it happen
• Executing it as productively and efficiently as possible
Key learning concepts:
• How to move your code toward modularization
• Create an infrastructure for your modules
• Efficient ways of communication across your modules
• How to maintain good architecture while having lots of modules
Working in Android at Delivery Hero. playing with android since Gingerbread, passionate about performance and architecture. Tech enthusiastic.
Software engineer @deliveryhero. 3+ years in Berlin. Still don't speak German. Eats droids for a living